As soon as I saw this week’s theme, I knew the photos I wanted to share.
I’ve recently added horses to my portfolio and during my first session, I managed to get a few humorous encounters. My friend, who owns and runs a pet sitting business, also boards her horses at a local stable. She knew I’ve been wanting to practice photographing horses, so she invited me along when she fed them. Her one horse, Mariah, is so gorgeous and, apparently, a retired polo horse (we have polo matches locally). Several photos were rather amusing and perfect for this week’s theme.
Below is Mariah giving me a lip curl. Although rather amusing, my friend said that it was her way of analyzing scents.
We all know that dogs roll in the grass. Well, so do horses. Since there were a lot of droppings in the pen… yes those kind of droppings… I inquired if horses roll in that, too. “Yes” was the response. Yuk!
I’ve always felt that this photo demonstrates Mariah’s feelings about what I was doing. Sorry, Mariah!
Keep the loop going and click on to my friend, Linda Metcalf at Dog Shotz Photography serving the Indianapolis IN area to see her amusing photos.
According to 365 Dogs Page-A-Day Calendar’s entry for today (October 29), there are 10 reasons why it’s good to be a dog – I particularly like #10
- No matter where it itches, no one is offended if you scratch.
- No one ever expects you to pay for lunch.
- No one expects you to take a bath every day.
- Others comb your hair and manicure your nails.
- No one thinks you’re crazy if you chase your tail.
- You never have to worry about table manners.
- It’s not improper to look at a friend’s behind.
- No one cares if you have hair growing in weird places.
- Your family is happy to see you when they have a bad day.
- If you gain weight, it’s someone else’s fault.
Can you think of additional reasons? Let’s start our own list. Click here and return to my Facebook page and indicate your own reason. Let’s see how many we can gather. Feel free to post your own photo! Let’s have fun!